DISCOVER THE BOATING LIFESTYLE…AND SOME TREASURE ALONG THE WAY
Check out Executive Yacht in booth 1419. From global selection to design, order, delivery and orientation, Executive Yacht is the conduit to making your yacht purchase a reality featuring brands such as: Ferretti, Pershing, Riva, Everglades, Vanquish, and SeaBob
This weekend experience free seminars and workshops, indoor lake with family activities and watersports demos, the largest gathering of new boats and accessories, as well as special guests including the stars of Cooper’s Treasure PLUS – Twiggy the Water-Skiing Squirrel is out of retirement!
North America’s largest indoor boat show docks at the Enercare Centre from January 17 – 26, 2020 with an impressive array of 1,200 new boats on display, educational seminars, and lifestyle programming. Spanning over a million square feet of show space, this year’s highlights include Ontario’s own Tammy Wolf, one of the most successful powerboat racers in North America and the only woman to podium at an FI Champion boat race; the 2nd annual Toronto Indoor Wakeboarding Championships featuring the world’s best professional riders; and treasure hunters Darrell Miklos and Jim Sinclair of the Discovery Channel’s hit show Cooper’s Treasure. And back by popular demand is Twiggy the Water-Skiing Squirrel to delight audiences of all ages.
Save the Date: Media Preview Day on Friday, January 17, 2020 Media Accreditation is now open for the 62nd annual Toronto International Boat Show, January 17 – 26, 2020
Summer always arrives early at the Toronto Boat Show with plenty of boating activities to explore, learn, and enjoy INDOORS including free boat rides on The Lake, wakeboarding lessons, kids fishing zone and a sailing simulator.
The New Boater Welcome Centre is a great starting place for visitors who are new to boating or just want to learn more about getting out on the water. To help seasoned boaters hone their skills and prepare for the season ahead, there’s The Boathouse Ask The Experts Stage, DIY workshops, Great Canadian Fish Tank seminars, and more than 300 free seminars from a wide-ranging lineup of speakers. Women’s Day returns Sunday, January 19; a full-day separate ticketed event for women with hands-on lessons to further their boating skills and gain confidence when it comes to boat ownership and taking the helm.
As the destination for all your summer needs, the Toronto Boat Show has more than 550 exhibitors, offering every product to get out on the water and enjoy the boating lifestyle — from engines to trailers, stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, marine accessories, navigational technology and musthaves for entertaining at the cottage. Shop the best deals of the season and get a first look at 2020 boat models.
For more information, go to www.TorontoBoatShow.com.
2020 Toronto Boat Show Highlights:
• NEW! Twiggy the Water-Skiing Squirrel – Fans around the world go ‘nuts’ for Twiggy, the world-famous water-skiing squirrel, who not only entertains with her special talent but is also an advocate for water safety. Twiggy took a brief break after 40 years of performing across North America, appearing in movies and music videos, and becoming an internet sensation – but is returning to the 2020 Toronto Boat Show by popular demand.
• NEW! Cooper’s Treasure – Meet undersea explorers Darrell Miklos and Jim Sinclair, stars of the Discovery Channel hit series, Cooper’s Treasure. Considered one of NASA’s original space pioneers, astronaut Gordon Cooper discovered something extraordinary on a 1963 mission – he photographed dark patches he believed to be sunken ships and began creating secret maps that could uncover treasures worth billions of dollars. Before passing away, he shared his meticulous research with long-time friend Miklos who, together with Sinclair and a crew of seasoned explorers, are making good on Gordon’s dream, and documenting their adventure. Special appearances on January 17, 18 and 19.
• NEW! Tammy “The Queen of Speed” Wolf – Ontario born-and-raised speed demon Tammy Wolf is among the top competitors in North America and is one of the most successful females in the history of tunnel boat racing. In 2012, she became the first woman and Canadian to compete at the 24 Heure de Rouen (24 hours of Rouen) in France and made history in 2018 as the only woman to podium at an IOGP Formula 1 Champion boat event. As the Keynote Speaker at Women’s Day, she will share her inspiring story of growing up in the boating industry and pursuing her dreams, and show off her environmentally friendly bright pink, high performance F2 powerboat capable of hitting speeds up to 130 mph.
• Women’s Day at TIBS – Last year, more than 100 women registered for the inaugural Women’s Day at the Toronto Boat Show, experiencing a full day of seminars, workshops, on the water docking lessons and vehicle trailering. Women’s Day is back by demand on Sunday, January 19 with expanded programming designed to educate and inspire female boaters in a friendly and supportive environment. There’s more hands-on learning, networking where women can feel comfortable to ask questions and learn from each other, and inspiring speakers including Keynote guest Tammy Wolf, along with renown skipper Diane Reid and CBC personality and breast cancer survivor Suhana Meharchand on her love of boating and second act. Women’s Day is a separately ticketed event; pre-registration is required.
• NEW! 60-ft Azimut S6 Yacht – Step into luxury and board one of the finest yachts in the world featuring all the trimmings including state-of-the-art amenities, high quality finishes, spacious accommodations and entertaining spaces. Pride Marine Group will debut an impressive 60-ft Azimut S6 yacht, one of the biggest boats to ever be displayed at the Toronto Boat Show, direct from Europe by Italy’s luxury boat manufacturer.
• 2nd Annual Toronto Indoor Wakeboard Championships and Winter Wakefest – Professional and amateur wakeboarders from around the world will converge at the Toronto Boat Show to compete at the Indoor Wakeboard Championships for cash prizes. This world-class WWA sanctioned event takes place on closing weekend of the show with qualifiers on Friday, January 24 and finals on Saturday, January 25. All-new themes this year include Winter Wakefest Goes Country and the Mad Scientist Water Ski Show. Plus, catch daily action on The Lake with a variety of shows packed with flips, costumes, music and entertainment.
• Preview Day Experience – A special ticketed event offers visitors a first look and advance access to shop the show while supporting the Toronto Boat Show’s boating charities. Preview Day has raised more than $865,000 to-date and has become the annual off-season social gathering event among the boating community for more than 20 years. (Friday, January 17, 2pm – 8pm)
• Remote-Controlled Sailing Regatta – Large remote-controlled sailboats compete on the indoor lake in the regatta series. Watch as these miniature boats race around a floating course, and to make it more realistic and challenging, they will have to navigate in simulated wind conditions powered by giant fans.
• World Championship Indoor Sea Flea Races – The coolest single-person hydroplane boats are often DIY-constructed and powered by a small motor. Compact, colourful and fun to race, these creative boats that were hugely popular in the 70s will be making a big splash on the Lake!
• SUP Yoga and SUP Races – Stand up paddle boarding (SUP) continues to grow in popularity because it is fun and provides a great workout! Watch demonstrations on watersport trends from SUP fitness, SUP yoga to SUP competitive races.
• Lake Activities – The world’s largest indoor Lake is the perfect setting to enjoy FREE boating activities from pedal boat, kayak and canoe boat rides to wakeboarding lessons from the experts at Boarder Pass.
• 300+ FREE Seminars – The Toronto Boat Show offers the most comprehensive line up of education and free daily seminars for boaters of all interests. Learn from boating enthusiasts, marine experts, ocean racers and sailors who will share their incredible adventures.
WHEN: January 17 – 26, 2020 TICKETS: On Sale Now
Preview Day Friday, January 17, 2020 $100 Platinum ticket, $35 Gold Ticket
Women’s Day Sunday, January 19, 2020 $99; Pre-registration required
General Admission (17 – 64 yrs.) $20 Seniors (65 yrs. & better) $17 KIDS 16 years & under FREE
Weekday Special $5 After 5pm Admission; and FREE parking on weekdays after 5pm
NEW! – GO + Show Combo Tickets Additional Bundle & Save Packages: www.TorontoBoatShow.com Subscribe to the Captain’s Club for promotions and updates
ABOUT THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW The Toronto International Boat Show is owned and produced by Canadian Boat Shows. In generating more than $354 million in economic impact to the region, it is the largest indoor boat show in North America. More boats are purchased at the Toronto International Boat Show than at any other place or event in Canada. About 43% of Canadians (12.4 million people) participate in boating and 20% (6 million) own a boat. Direct revenues across Canada’s core recreational boating industry total nearly $5 billion per year, and directly employ approximately 45,000 Canadians. (NMMA Canada – The Economic Impact of Recreational Boating In Canada; 2016.) –